Monday, March 29, 2010

Desert Safari- DuneBoarding and Camp

After the Dune Bashing we stopped at a large Dune to try some Dune Boarding. They bust out a snowboard and almost everyone in our tour group (~ 50 people) lined up to try it out. My turn finally came up and I got on the board, the guy gave me a little push and I thought I was gonna go down nice and easy but I picked up speed fast and caught a sand edge. I flew head first into the sand and sand went everywhere. I definitely heard a lot of “ohhhs” behind me. Haha. The fall wasn’t bad but sand went everywhere. It even got into my camera and totally fucked it up. I turned on the camera to see if working but it would open and close the lens three times. Then “Lens error” would flash on the LCD screen. So no more pictures for the rest of the day, which is a shame because I had a great time at the camp we went to after. A corner of the camp was dedicated to smoking hookah with a guy lighting coals for almost 20 hookahs. Heaven!

While I was smoking shisha I met a bunch of college kids from Ole Miss that were pretty cool and fun to talk to. One of the girls I met was a junior at Ole miss that actually grew up in Saudia Arabia, which was definitely something different.

No comments:

Post a Comment